New Mobile SDK is coming!
Get ready for the revolution! The time is up, the test phase is over, Nextome presents the new mobile SDK for indoor localization and positioning.
A new more powerful, optimized, native kotlin/swift Nextome SDK!
We present the major features:
- Native language library (iOS and Andriod);
- More efficiency in terms of performance and hardware use;
- Modular approach:
- New localization engine
- Position log system
- Seamless Indoor / Outdoor
- For iOS: Cocoapod System Ready: ability to constantly and easily download new versions, thanks to our Pod repo;
- Leverage and expose LiveData, compatible with Google’s recommended approach to making SDK components lifecycle aware;
- Available in two operating modes: Foreground (localization while the user is using the app) and Background (localization in the background while the phone has the screen off or another app is in use);
- Optimized for energy saving in background mode;
- Ease of extension and customization;
- Does not depend on Google Play Services (fully compatible with smartphones on the market without Play Services);
- Available as a gradle dependency, it is possible to add the SDK to an existing project with a single line of code;
- For Android: Sample App written in Kotlin, the official language adopted by Android since 2019;
New map view component:
In conjunction with the SDK, a pre-filled flutter module is also provided that will allow the display of the user’s position on the map, cross-platform ready Android / iOS
- Support for tiles, so that for large maps only the part visible on the screen is generated and there are no performance drops;
- Compatible with both Android and iOS with the same codebase;
- Possibility on request to provide source code for map customization;
- Easy integration;
- New design;
- New route navigation system and map switch;
- More reactive user Position;
- Customizable POIs.
The current SDK will still be active throughout 2021, but technical support will cease from 01.01.2021, to request more information or to carry out a free test.